In 2008, Richard Dawkins wrote a book called “The God Delusion”. The book offered a controversial critique of belief in God. I felt that his critique was flawed on numerous fronts. This book is a summary of my thoughts and a defence of my faith.
Richard Dawkins’ book, The God Delusion, has become a go to source for Atheists when they attempt to dispel the validity of religion. Unfortunately, Dawkins’ arguments are flawed. In this thought provoking book, Todd Dow refutes The God Delusion through a thorough analysis of Dawkins’ arguments. Chapter by chapter, Todd pinpoints the issues with Dawkins’ arguments, outlining the flaws in Dawkins’ logic and offering valid and sound responses to each of the issues that Dawkins addresses.
The following topics are addressed:
- Straw Men – Dawkins’ weak proofs of God
- The Ultimate 747 – Is that the best he’s got?
- Problems with Organized Religion
- The objective roots of morality
- The Historical Jesus
- The problem with fundamentalism
- The slippery slope of abortion
- Why not rid ourselves of religion, politics and economics?
- Childhood abuse and brainwashing
- On evolution and concluding thoughts
And, as an added bonus, Todd includes an appendix that contains a thought experiment entitled, “Should Atheists Have Children?”
Feel free to offer your feedback on this book in the comments area below.