I recently wrote PMI’s PMP exam. I was nervous leading up to the exam, but I was well prepared for the exam and I attribute that to careful preparation. Here’s the study and preparation plan that I used (many thanks to Stephen Lee for his helpful advice in formulating this plan).
Here’s the plan in a nutshell:
1. Read a good overview book
2. Read the PMBOK
3. Begin application to PMI.org
4. Obtain 35 contact hours: (There is a $99 solution!)
5. Complete PMI.org application and book exam
6. Practice Exams – pmstudy.com
7. Pass the exam
And finally, a debrief and some metrics based on my experience.
I’m writing this as a 5 part series. I’ll be adding a new post daily so check back each day. I’ll be providing more details on each of the above points. And feel free to ask questions or provide additional advice as we move through this blog series.
Thanks and talk soon!