I want to take this opportunity to formally welcome you to the Cryptogeddon mailing list. Thanks for subscribing.
First, I’d like to let you know that Cryptogeddon.com is now live and the first mission pack is available for purchase. And, I’d like to share a recent blog post that I wrote introducing Cryptogeddon. The piece is available to read at toddhdow.com and on softwarehamilton.com.
And, I have a couple of pieces of exciting news to share with you:
Introducing “Cryptogeddon Mission Pack 1: Detect the Mole”:
SpaceWay Aeronautics believes they have been hacked. They suspect that foreign competitors have access to the blueprints for their next generation space vehicle.
You need to verify their suspicions by finding the files, the method of transmission and the employee(s) responsible for doing this. SpaceWay suspects that one of their servers was compromised due to suspicious activity. They have provided an image of the server for you to analyze.
Your assignment is the analyze the machine and confirm SpaceWay’s suspicions. Assuming you find evidence of compromise, you are to identify the files that have been transmitted, identify the person(s) responsible for this breach and identify the destination of the files.
- Cryptogeddon Mission Pack 1 is a downloadable pdf document. It is 22 pages in length and provides all of the information you need to participate in this exciting infosec challenge.
- This mission requires the use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 and this mission is compatible with Amazon Web Services’ Free Tier.
- For a limited time, you can get special pricing for Mission Pack 1 – just $0.99! Click here to buy now!
Early Adopter Feedback Survey:
As an early subscriber to the Cryptogeddon mailing list, I’d like to share a unique opportunity with you to help shape the long term success of Cryptogeddon: I’m looking for some feedback from my early adopters to help make the product better. I’d like to know your thoughts on usability, design, layout, navigation, etc. as you’re interacting with Cryptogeddon.
- I would appreciate if you could take the time to complete this survey: Cryptogeddon Early Adopter Feedback Survey
- Please be honest and share your thoughts as I will be using this feedback to improve Cryptogeddon to make it better for you.
Thank you for allowing me into your inbox. I really appreciate the opportunity to reach out to you directly. I have a real passion for infosec and I hope that you’ll like Cryptogeddon as much as I do. Thanks again for your interest and talk soon!