Wow! I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since my last blog post. Well… actually, I can. June has been a blur! Here are the highlights:
- Attended the CARSTAR Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History charity fundraiser (this was in late May, but I consider it part of my recent blur of activity) – Team Katie raised $10,000 this year to help in the battle against CF!
- SC Congress IT Security conference – I attended this conference.
- Wordcamp Hamilton – I presented at this conference (video of my session).
- Great Wolf Lodge with my family
- 2 Washington Nationals baseball games (against the Phillies and the Cubs – Washington won both games!)
- Gartner Security & Risk Summit in Washington
- Built a firepit in our backyard
- Attended a 4 hour Blue Jays baseball clinic with my son
- Worked full time
- Parented full time
- Maintained my marriage full time
No wonder I feel like this month has been a blur! So yeah… that’s why I haven’t posted in a bit. I haven’t forgotten about my blog. I will be writing more in the coming days and weeks.
One of the upcoming highlights on my blog will be a copy of my Wordcamp presentation and an ebook version of the same (How to Find Your 1,000 True Fans). These two items will be available to subscribers of my mailing list. If you’re not yet a subscriber, now’s the time to sign up so that you’ll be among the first people to receive a copy of these two items.
Upcoming posts include a technical summary of my maintenance of toddhdow.com over the last 10 years, some commentary on what I’m most proud with my 10 year old blog and then I’m going to talk about the tools that I use for writing. My tool talk will be a 5 part series and it should be lots of fun.
And, I’ll be fitting in some time to work on the work I want to publish in the near future as well. I’ll update you on my progress shortly as well.
So yeah… stay tuned for more!